Thursday, December 4, 2008

I didn’t know Stephen Harper when he was a child. Still, I have a good idea of what he was like. If he wasn’t winning, he would quit playing the game. Then he would try to convince everyone else that it was a stupid game, after all, and the rules should be changed.

Harper has looked to the Bloc Québécois in the past for support, and tried to win the votes of their supporters in the last election. Today, however, the Bloc is on the other side, and the Prime Minister has come out viciously attacking the “separatists”.

He has stated in the past that the government should be able to stand up before the Parliament at any time, but as soon as he realized he was going to be defeated, he went to the Governor General and essentially said “I want to quit now”.

I am sorry that she agreed to his request to prorogue Parliament. I have no wish to see this drag out, and have political posters for Christmas decorations. But primarily, I am disgusted by a Prime Minister who does not have the courage to stand and fall by his own beliefs.

Stephen Harper is not going to have changed by January, even if he puts a few concessions in his budget. Whether we have another election or a coalition, I hope we see the last of Tory rule early in the new year.

funny pictures
more animals

No comments: